A few words from a Lagos local, offering some words of daily knowledge…
1. The seagulls are huge, and so is what they splatter from above. Entertaining, unless it happens to you.
2. A small beer is called an Imperial. They are cheap and delicious. You will never have “Just one”.
3. If you get served strange yellow beans with your beer (Tremoços), don´t eat the skins. Ask the bar man how its done.
4. The kind offering the waiter brings before your meal (bread, cheese, carrots) isn’t actually a nice gift… If you eat it you pay for it, if you don’t, you don’t.
5. Three Monkeys bar is an institution. You haven’t really experienced Lagos until you´ve been there.
6. If you´re out to get lucky, your chances in Lagos are at least 10x what they usually are.
7. Fishbowls are dangerous. But have one for a laugh.
8. If you go for a late night skinny dip, its fairly certain you´ll be going home naked – not out of choice.
9. The best hangover cure after you´re night out galavanting is at Cafe Odeon – a full english breakfast complete with some greasy golden hash browns and fluffy pancakes.